Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
2 tbsp butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp Indian curry paste
1 tbsp garam masala
1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups chicken broth
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
2 cups chopped Yukon Gold potato, about 2 medium
2 cups chopped sweet potato, about 1 medium
1 carrot, chopped
2 cups cooked and cubed LiberTerre turkey
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 cups cooked basmati rice
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat.
- Add onion, jalapeno, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Stir in curry paste, garam masala, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrot, turkey and raisins; cover and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Continue to cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in peas, cook, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cilantro. Serve with rice and a dollop of yogurt.
- Try this recipe when you have leftover turkey after the holidays.
- Garam masala is an Indian spice blend, substitute curry powder if desired.