Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 carrot, peeled and grated (about 1 cup)
1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch ground cayenne pepper
1 orange, segmented and chopped
1/4 cup chopped pitted Medjool dates
1/4 cup chopped toasted unsalted pistachios
2 tbsp tahini paste
1/3 cup orange juice
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp minced ginger
1 1/2 tsp orange zest
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Stir quinoa with carrot, cucumber, red onion, parsley, mint, cumin, coriander, turmeric, oregano, paprika, cinnamon and cayenne. Toss with Orange Dressing. Gently toss in oranges, dates and pistachios.
- Whisk tahini paste with orange juice, lemon juice and vinegar until smooth. Stir in garlic, ginger, orange zest, salt and pepper.
- 1 cup dry quinoa yields 3 cups cooked quinoa.
- For some extra protein, try adding leftover LiberTerre Chicken that has been cubed or shredded.
- Make a large batch at the beginning of the week and take this nutritious salad for lunch. If kept in a tightly sealed storage container, cooked quinoa will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.