Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 leek, sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup dry white wine
3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
3 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 cups leftover turkey broth
2 cups leftover turkey, shredded
2 cups leftover cooked vegetables (Brussels Sprouts, green beans, parnsips, peas etc.)
¼ cup leftover cranberry sauce
2 cups leftover mashed sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Over medium heat, sauté sliced leeks, carrots and celery in a tablespoon of oil until soft. Add in the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Stir in the white wine until the alcohol evaporates, then stir in a little whole wheat flour, and fresh thyme leaves until the flour turns a light toasty brown.
- Add in the turkey broth and simmer until the vegetables are tender and the sauce is thickened.
- Next, add the cooked shredded turkey and leftover vegetables.
- Transfer to 4 ramekins, top with a spoonful of leftover cranberry sauce and a layer of leftover mashed sweet potatoes and bake for 10-15 minutes until you see little bubbles escaping out the edge.