Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours and 40 minutes
3 cups buttermilk
1 tbsp kosher salt plus additional for seasoning
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp hot sauce
4 LiberTerre chicken legs, cut into thigh and drumsticks
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp salt
- Combine buttermilk, salt, smoked paprika, hot sauce and black pepper. Add chicken. Refrigerate, covered, and let marinate for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Set a rack over a baking sheet lined with foil. Spray rack generously with cooking spray; set aside. Season chicken all over with salt. Coat chicken pieces in panko breadcrumbs.
- Place coated chicken on prepared rack. Spray chicken with cooking spray. Bake until the coating is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the pieces registers 160°F, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve these legs with honey and hot sauce for sweet and spicy dipping sauces.
- Substitute smoked paprika for regular paprika if it is more convenient.