- Easy Roast Chicken
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 1 hour and 25 min
1 LiberTerre Whole Chicken, preferably twined (about 2-3 lbs)
¼ cup butter at room temperature
1 tbsp salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Pat your chicken dry using a paper towel. The less moisture on the chicken, the crispier the skin will get.
- Generously salt the entire surface of the chicken so that it has a uniform coating. Next, season your chicken lightly with pepper.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and put the chicken in the preheated oven. Roast your chicken until the skin is crispy and golden, about 60 minutes (without any interruption).
- Using large forks, carefully pick up chicken and put it onto a cutting board. Pour the pan juices over the chicken and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Butcher your chicken into 6 pieces using kitchen scissors and put onto a serving platter. Slather the chicken pieces with butter and serve warm.
- If you have any leftover chicken, remove it from the bone and save it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.