Effective Date: April 10, 2014
At LiberTerre™ and Retail Ready Foods Inc. (collectively, “Retail Ready”, “Us”, “Our” or “We”), We are committed to providing Our customers with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about Our customers, protecting their personal information is one of Our highest priorities.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual. Personal information includes such things as name, age, e-mail address, telephone number, and mailing address.
2. WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO YOU
3. WE LET YOU KNOW WHY WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Retail Ready identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below, We will do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected. We may collect and use your personal information to:
- evaluate the use of the Services, products and Our other services;
- contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given Us consent to do so;
- send you information, products or samples that you have requested;
- respond to your queries or comments;
- analyze the effectiveness of Our advertisements, competitions and promotions;
- personalize your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you have visited it before and what site referred you to it;
- make the Services easier to use and to better tailor the Services and Our products to your interests and needs (e.g., by presenting content, ads or offers that are tailored to you)
- collect information about the Device (as defined below) you are using to view the Service, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal information so as to ensure that each Service presents the best web experience for you;
- administer and manage the Services and Our business operations;
- comply with legal and governmental requirements;
- detect and protect Retail Ready and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud and other illegal activity; and to comply with Retail Ready audit requirements and to audit compliance with Retail Ready’s policies, procedures, laws and contractual objections.
- to identify or contact customers of Services, respond to user inquiries and otherwise maintain relations with users; and/or
- fulfill any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time that We collect it.
4. WE WILL OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT TO COLLECT, USE AND/OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Retail Ready will obtain your consent before, or when, We collect, use and/or disclose your personal information. By using a Service or otherwise providing Us with your personal information, you will be deemed to consent to Our use of your personal information for the purposes outlined above. Otherwise, Retail Ready will obtain your express consent (by verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose your personal information. You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting Retail Ready (please refer to the “How to Contact Us” section below).
Retail Ready will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as permitted or required by law or regulatory authorities. Your consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information may be either express or implied, depending on the circumstances, the purposes for which such personal information is being collected and the sensitivity of the information.
5. WE LIMIT COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Retail Ready collects only the information required to provide Our products and services to you. Retail Ready will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means. We will not, as a condition of supplying you with a product or service, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the specified, legitimate purpose.
6. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following types of information from you:
- Information that You Provide: We may occasionally request from You or You may otherwise voluntarily provide Us with information that personally identifies You (e.g. when you register for prize draws or competitions, sign up to receive information, fill out a survey or make a comment or enquiry). We may receive personal information about You from a broad range of activities through the Services, including, but not limited to, Your inputs to the Services and general correspondence with Us. Depending on the service used, the personal information We collect may include contact, demographic or other types of information.
- User communications: When You send email or other communications to Us, We may retain those communications in order to process Your inquiries, respond to Your requests and improve the Services.
- Tags and Analytical Tracking: As part of making the Services available, We may use tracking tools such as scripts, internet tags, cookies, graphic tags, web beacons and similar means (collectively, “Tags”) on the Services to enhance functionality and navigation for Our Service users. Portions of the Services may use analytical tools that are operated by Us and third party providers (collectively, the “Analytical Tools”).
We may use Tags on the Services to count users and to recognize users by accessing Tags. Being able to access Tags allows Us to personalize the Services and improve your experience at the Services. We may also include Tags in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that We send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
Tags do not collect or contain your personal information. Information tracked through these mechanisms includes, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address and other IP information set out in (b) above; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; (iii) the pages of Services that you visit; and/or (iv) other websites that you have viewed before visiting one of the Services. Some types of Tags, such as cookies, may be disabled whereas others may not. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features on the Services. Cookies do not collect or contain your personal information.
In the case of Analytical Tools, the information generated by the Tags about your use of the Services (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored on servers located outside of Ontario including, but not limited to, other Canadian provinces and the United States. The information generated by the Tags may also be transferred to third party providers of Analytical Tools. This information will be used for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Services, compiling reports on Services activity and providing other services relating to Services activity and Internet usage. The third party providers of Analytical Tools may also transfer this information to other third parties where they are required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf.
By using a Service, you consent to the processing of data about you by third party providers of Analytical Tools in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
7. WE LIMIT DISCLOSURE, USE AND/OR RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under certain exceptional circumstances, Retail Ready may have a legal duty or right to collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent. In accordance with applicable laws, We will not disclose any consumer information (which may include personal information) without your written consent, except where consumer information is required to be disclosed: (i) for billing or market operation purposes; (ii) for law enforcement purposes; or (iii) for the purpose of complying with a legal requirement.
You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your personal information for those purposes. If your personal information is shared by Us with third parties, those third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with Retail Ready to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Retail Ready will retain your personal information only for so long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to meet Our legal and contractual obligations. We will employ explicit retention periods for closed accounts, after which the personal information is destroyed or made anonymous.
8. THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS A PRIORITY FOR RETAIL READY
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including, but not limited to: (i) physical security measures; (ii) electronic security measures for computerized personal information; (iii) organizational processes; and (iv) contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
9. WE ARE OPEN ABOUT OUR PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about Our policy and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on the Services or on request. To contact Us, refer to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
10. WE PROVIDE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED BY US
You can request access to your information stored by Us. Upon receiving such a request, Retail Ready will: (i) obtain satisfactory proof to confirm your identity; (ii) inform you about what type of information it has on record or in its control, how such information is used and to whom the information may have been disclosed; (iii) provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information; and (iv) make any necessary updates to your information. To access your personal information, refer to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
11. WE RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTIONS, CONCERNS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT PRIVACY
Retail Ready responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and Our privacy policies and procedures.
12. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Services may contain links to third party websites, which are websites that Retail Ready does not own or maintain (“Linked Sites”). Links to Linked Sites are intended for convenience only. Linked Sites are wholly independent from Retail Ready, therefore Retail Ready has no control over any products, services, materials, or other information contained in or available through these third party websites. We make no representations or warranties about the privacy practices of those websites. Therefore, access to any third party websites through Services, regardless of whether the third party website is a Linked Site or not, is entirely at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive devices, programs.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US
Retail Ready Foods Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
6755 Mississauga Road, Suite 410
Toll Free: 1-888-422-9656